The OMEGA series water jet line is the new range of high power, high thrust jets which takes Alamarin-Jets range from ‘small’ to ‘medium’ sized water jets. The AJ Ω42 is the first model to be released, with a max input power of 2040HP and unique features such as the Dual Angle Shaft (DAS). Frame Integrated Bearing Structure (FIBS) and Modular Intake Geometry (MIG), the new jet range epitomises Alamarin-Jets dedication to user-focused, highly efficient and innovative design.
The Omega series pump design is based on the same foundations of Alamarin-Jets AJ 245, AJ 285 and AJ 340 pumps which have been proven to massively outperform the competitive products in their size range and above. The Omega Series promises high speed efficiency (55+ knots) while maintaining extremely high bollard pull and cavitation margins.
Maximum vessel displacement (single installation, planing hull)
- 24,000kg / 53,000lbs
Maximum input power
- 1500 kW / 2040 HP
- 710kg / 1,565lbs
- Mixed flow
Maximum impeller shaft RPM
- 2300 1/min
Maximum impeller diameter
- 480mm / 18.9″
Reverse deflector control
- Aluminium / Stainless Steel
FIBS – Frame Integrated Bearing Structure
- No separate bearing housing as it is part of the jet frame
- Oil is cooled by the intake structure
- Oil level sensors and temperature sensors have multiple locations to allow for angle of jet when installed in different configurations and dead rise angles
- Thrust transmitted to hull bottom, instead of transom
DAS – Dual Angle Shaft (Patent Pending)
- By rotating the stator and shaft by 180° the shaft angle is either 0° or 4°
- No additional parts are required
- Allows flexibility for designers when considerations such as engine sump depth are a factor in bobtail installation
- Intake performance not affected by installation angle.
MIG – Modular Intake Geometry
- Intake in AJ Ω42 is application optimised for slow, medium and high speed applications.